Here are the steps:
1. Modify the ‘td’ user password in ALM.
1) Log into ALM Site Administration.
2) Click on 'DB Servers' tab then 'Application Lifecycle Management User Password' button
3) Type the new password which will be set in MS SQL server.
4) Confirm Change QC User Password' window will pop up, click 'Yes'.
2. Change the password in siteadmin.xml file in ALM deployment folder.
Replace the value of < DefaultUserPassword> in siteadmin.xml with the value of <DB_USER_PASS> in dbid.xml.
The Path of siteadmin.xml is %ProgramData%\HP\ALM\webapps\qcbin\WEB-INF
The Path of dbid.xml is %ProgramData%\HP\ALM\repository\qc\<Domain Name>\<Project Name>
3. Modify the ‘td’ user password in DB (SQL Server).
4. Restart the ALM service or restart the server machine.
If the password saved in the DB is modified before changing it in ALM, the steps below have to be done:
1. Change the value of tag <DB_USER_PASS> in dbid.xml file of every project.
2. Change the value of DB_USER_PASS field in PROJECTS table in 'qcsiteadmin_db' schema.
3. Change the value of DB_USER_PASS field in DBSERVERS table in 'qcsiteadmin_db' schema.