As of July 1, 2014, and beginning with HP Records Manager 8.1, the product structure and pricing have been simplified significantly in order to make transactions smoother and easier. The changes are:
- Introduction of HP Records Manager Editions: Base edition, Advanced Document Management edition, and Advanced Records Management edition; each with its own bundled and optional modules
- Introduction of volume packages and special volume-based product editions: HP Records Manager Enterprise edition and HP Records Manager Regulatory Record Keeping editions
- SharePoint integration (records and archiving) and workflow modules bundled with all HP Records Manager Editions
- Space Management and Multi-jurisdiction Retention modules bundled with HP Records Manager Advanced Records Management edition
- HP Records Manager integration for SAP will continue to be sold separately
- New optional modules: Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Auto-classification, Advanced Disposal Processing, External Warehouse Integration
- Seat pricing based on user types: Records Manager/Administrator, Records Coordinator, Knowledge Worker, Casual Contributor, and Inquiry User
- HP Records Manager Migration Edition for existing HP TRIM and HP Records Manager 8.0 customers which includes:
- All features of the HP Records Manager Base edition
- Records Manager/Administrator user licenses equal to the number of existing HP TRIM or HP Records Manager 8.0 user licenses
- Previously separately licensed modules: HP Records Manager for SharePoint and Workflow
- Unlimited volume package
Existing HP TRIM and HP Records Manager 8.0 support customers qualify for the migration edition when they upgrade to HP Records Manager 8.1 or subsequent versions, as new versions are released. The product structure change requires all existing TRIM & Records Manager 8.0 support customers to sign a License Exchange Agreement
before they can have access to the HP Records Manager 8.1 software.
For existing HP TRIM and HP Records Manager 8.0 customers who are not licensed for the SharePoint integration (records or archiving) and/or the Workflow module, HP is offering this functionality at no cost for a limited time.
To qualify for this no-cost upgrade, you must sign and return to HP a License Exchange Agreement
by April 20th, 2015 in order to be issued with a new HP Records Manager 8.1x license key before April 30th, 2015.
If you are unable to take advantage of this promotion, there will be a nominal fee charged per seat when you upgrade to HP Records Manager 8.1. To determine the exact cost please contact your HP sales representative or HP Software Business Partner.What do you need to do to receive your no-cost HP Records Manager 8.1 migration edition?
- Complete the HP Records Manager 8.1x Upgrade Request Form.
- Email the Upgrade Request to your HP Renewal Sales Representative or HP Software Business Partner.
- Within approximately 5 to 10 business days, the person listed as the CUSTOMER CONTACT NAME on the Upgrade Request will receive an email from HP confirming the support contract update. HP will send the CUSTOMER CONTACT the License Exchange Agreement.
- The CUSTOMER CONTACT needs to review and sign the License Exchange Agreement and return to your HP Renewal Sales Representative or HP Software Business Partner by April 20th, 2015 in order to be issued with a new HP Records Manager 8.1x license key before April 30th, 2015.
- The CUSTOMER CONTACT will receive an email from HP confirming the migration request has been completed.
- You can download the new HPRM 8.1x software and license keys by going to My Updates portal.
- HP will provide concurrent support for a period of two years from the date of the License Exchange Agreement if the License Exchange Agreement is signed by April 20th, 2015 and a new HP Records Manager 8.1x license key is issued before April 30th, 2015.