Self-Solve Knowledge Search

Minimize Maximize
HP Propel: When aggregating Service Manager with HP Propel, Catalog fulfillment ...
Title :
HP Propel: When aggregating Service Manager with HP Propel, Catalog fulfillment is throwing the error "(doc.result["soap:Envelope/soap:Body/sm:RetrieveContactResponse/sm:model/sm:instance/sm:Email"] [in template "sm-r2f/sx/templates/retrieveContactResponse.ftl" at line 28, column 24]")"
Document ID :
KM01825840
Product - Version:
hpe propel 2.00 ;
OS :
Updated :
Mon Sep 07 08:52:21 GMT 2015
Summary :
HP Propel: When aggregating Service Manager with HP Propel, Catalog fulfillment is throwing the "RetrieveContactResponse" error

We have set up HP Propel to work with HP SM 9.40. We did a catalog aggregation from HP SM. Catalog fulfillment for SM9.40 is partially working, i.e., request is created in HP SM, status update messages are received in HP Propel, however, message processing at SX fails

Excerpts from log shows:

==> doc.result["soap:Envelope/soap:Body/sm:RetrieveContactResponse/sm:model/sm:instance/sm:Email"]  [in template "sm-r2f/sx/templates/retrieveContactResponse.ftl" at line 28, column 24]

<RetrieveContactResponse xmlns="http://schemas.hp.com/SM/...
    <RetrieveContactResponse xmlns="
http://schemas.hp.com/SM/7" xmlns:cmn="http://schemas.hp.com/SM/7/Common" xmlns:xmime="http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" message="Success" returnCode="0" schemaRevisionDate="2015-08-10" schemaRevisionLevel="23" status="SUCCESS" xsi:schemaLocation="http://schemas.hp.com/SM/7 http://hpdevbpm0004.hpdemo.tcs.com:13080/SM/7/Contact.xsd">
      <model>
        <keys>
          <ContactName type="String">consumer</ContactName>
        </keys>
        <instance recordid="consumer" uniquequery="contact.name=&quot;consumer&quot;">
          <ContactName type="String">consumer</ContactName>
          <Company type="String">advantage</Company>
          <FullName type="String">consumer</FullName>
        </instance>
      </model>
    </RetrieveContactResponse>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Solution
The issue here is the contact record you are using in Sevice Manager has no email address set. So set the email address in the contact record of Service Manager.