The TEMP folder is used by the Load Generator to store the performance test data during a run. This folder is pre-defined and is based on the Load Generator installation folder.
This article explains how to change the location of the TEMP folder used by the Load Generator during a test run.
Changing the location of the folder can be useful when:
- The TEMP folder also contains the script. Depending on the machine and the script, this path can get very long and exceed the 256 characters limitation set by Windows.
- Using a different folder/drive instead of the default one.
The ability to change the TEMP folder location is not applicable if your Load Generator is configured over firewall (whether the firewall is enabled or disabled).
This article applies only to the following versions:
- Performance Center 12.01 updated with patch 3 and any superseding patch.
- Performance Center 12.20 updated with patch 2 and any superseding patch.
- Performance Center 12.50 updated with patch 1 and any superseding patch/major version.Changing default TEMP folder location should not be used in "over firewall" Load Generators.