1) Stop all ESM services:
2) Confirm that there are no ESM services running:
3) Navigate to the bogus data at /opt/arcsight/current/runtime/
4) Remove the file (s.PGSQL.XXXX.lock) seen in the error. In this scenario it is .s.PGSQL.1976.lock.
5) Initiate a start on the postgresql service ONLY:
6) Verify that the postgresql service launched succesfully:
7) Then start also the other processes:
/sbin/service arcsight_services start mysqld
/sbin/service arcsight_services start aps
/sbin/service arcsight_services start logger_servers (OR logger_https OR logger_web services - depends on the version of ESM)
/sbin/service arcsight_services start manager
/sbin/service arcsight_services start arcsight_web
If services still do not start, please open a ticket with ArcSight Support, run the script in Document KM02203065 - What logs and data to gather when experiencing a performance issues on ArcSight Manager CORR-E and upload the logs to the FTP.
Document KM02170718 - Postgresql is unavailable because of permissions